- strength abilities
- strength deficiencies
- interests (exercises they love and/or detest)
- workout partner preferences
- many have favorite and least favorite workout partners
- others want to workout with many partners (they think they won’t have to work as “hard," which they soon realize that is not the case)
- some prefer to workout alone (they want a more "strenuous" workout and/or want a private therapy session-j/k)
I believe that the most effective exercise physiologists execute exercise plans that are unique, applicable and motivating for each client; while the most effective teachers create learning plans that are also unique, applicable and motivating for each student. In addition, the most effective trainers believe in their clients' success, as the most effective teachers believe in their students' success. I’m wondering why it took me seven years to discover this connection as I see it so clearly now.